In the second installment of UT Football Insider's Recruiting Friday we bring you news about many of your favorite recruits. This past week some commits have shone brightly, and this recruiting update is to share some of those stories. The Vols currently have 26 commits for the 2015 recruiting class, and it looks as though Butch Jones and company are no where near being done on the recruiting trail. As the high school football playoffs progress, recruits are focusing less and less on their recruitment leading to a few slow weeks for coaching staffs and players alike.
- On his senior night, Vols' commit Rocky Reid received only 11 touches, but took those for 206 yards and five touchdowns.
- Darius Slayton, the number 11 wide receiver in the nation just this week received a prediction to commit to the Vols and is also visiting Knoxville this week. While Slayton is a heavy lean to the University of Georgia, the Vols have stolen many recruits from Georgia and will look to add on some more if possible.
- Cecil Cherry received a prediction to commit to Texas following his visit to Austin. However, Vols fans shouldn't overly concern themselves as Cherry has reaffirmed his commitment to Tennessee over and over again.
- Drake Jackson, the number one center in the 2016 class, will be on Rocky Top this week as he is taking a hard look at the Vols as one of his leaders.
- The Vols continue to gain momentum for impressive four-star running back Kendall Bussey and Tennessee coaches hope that he can help fill the void in running back depth.
- 2016 three-star linebacker Emanuel Bridges announced recently that Tennessee was in his top three, and he will also be on Rocky Top this weekend as the Vols take on Kentucky.
- Darrin Kirkland Jr., the number four inside linebacker in the nation, announced recently after his decommitment from Michigan that he will be visiting Knoxville when the Vols take on Missouri.
- The number 8 defensive tackle in the 2016 class, Derrick Brown, announced that the Vols are in his top ten.
- The Vols just recently extended offers to 2016 4-star DE Auston Robertson, 2016 4-star DE Patrick Bethel, and impressive 2018 WR Jalen Hall.